Saturday, December 20, 2008

Getting close!!!


I will be full term on Tuesday, December 23...37 weeks! yay! 

My birthday was on Tuesday. I'm 22 now....and feeling old...oh, wait, no that's just the extra weight I'm carrying that makes it so hard to move around...and forget about going up any stairs! yikes! Gma Mert took us out to dinner for my birthday. We went to Olive Garden and had dinner with Amanda, Josh and Rykkar, Spencer, Andrew and Gma. It was nice to see everyone. I feel like all I do is work...and then when I get home from work I just want to sleep because I'm sooo exhausted, so I really don't ever see anyone. I rarely see Mike as it is. The day before my birthday I took my nursing final. I officially finished my degree in Nursing when I was 22. Now I just gotta come up with $300 to pay for my NCLEX so I can take it and get my RN and then make a little more moolah.

The nursery is well on it's way. We decided we are going to make a canopy to go over the crib...for our little princess. So we're trying to figure out exactly how to do it with the stuff we bought. Mike's been going to craft stores with me and helping me find flowers to use to make baby gifts for other people and more little "big" flower clips for headbands. We have one more thing to sell, a chair to wrap and store and a plastic file cabinet to empty and throw away (it's collapsing on itself.) and the nursery will be nothing but a nursery. I still need to get some Dreft and wash Lilly's clothes and her little blankets. Speaking of things to do. I need to pack my hospital bag and have all that stuff ready to go, just in case. We got the stroller/car seat from Mike's parents last night and Mike put it all together as soon as we got home. Now we have to figure out which car we want to put the base in...until we get another base. There's still one more baby shower on the 30th...so then we'll have to find room for all of that stuff.

Mike tells me everyday that it still hasn't sunk in that we are having a baby in 3 weeks (I really hope I don't go over. I told him it probably won't hit until we get home from the hospital with her. I am so looking forward to having her in our lives and we are already very grateful for the opportunity we have been given by Heavenly Father to bring one of His children into this world and nurture and care for her.

We want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

walkerbunch said...

Wow! 3 weeks ...that is coming up fast. It sounds like you guys have everything ready. Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

You're so close!!! How exciting! Also, Lilly's room is adorable. I love the stripes!

Clemclan said...

Yay, Merry Christmas!

christa elyce said...

I love her room! it's gorgeous! 3 weeks will fly by sooner than you think! Get all the sleep you can you two! i forgot how much sleep we were deprived of from the first time...it seems worse this time around, but i'm sure it's just as much as any baby!---Woah got to go, I just heard something coming from Brighton's diaper, nasty.

Teri said...

Don't tell me you are 22! Cause that just means I'm older! I think it's awesome watching where you are in life and the order you are doing things. I'm so proud of you that you finished your degree, you will never ever regret that. We both wish we would have before we had kids, so now we'll be like 60 when we finish, but it's never too late. I can't wait to see that cute little baby! I'm so glad that she's coming soon! Love you guys!