Wednesday, July 9, 2008

new york


alyssa, my best friend from high school just so happens to live in bath, NY, a charming little podunk town in southern NY. it's about 4 hours from us in baltimore. so we decided to go for a visit during the weekend of the 4th because mike had it off. it was a bit of a drive and we didn't get there until 4am, but it was way fun and a good escape from our boring life. alyssa's family has a really nice house and a fairly big pool, so we had fun just relaxing by the pool a lot. we also got to meet a few of alyssa's friends and a bunch of her extended family that i didn't know before.

somehow we keep "lucking out" and randomly come across anything and everything that has to do with air planes and aviation....yup, there was the 100th anniversary of the 5000 ft flight of Glen Curtiss, who happened to hold the very first pilot's license issued....and of course there was a museum about him...which i made mike go to alone. i'm sorta airplane/space/aviationed out.

anyway. it was way fun to see alyssa again since i hadn't seen her since my wedding day. she's gonna come see us one more time before we head home. her sister lives about 30 min from us, so that works out perfectly! yay for friends!!!!

7 comments:

Teri said...

Yay, so fun that you went to see them. I can't believe you didn't put more pictures up. sheesh! I'm glad you had fun though.

Mads said...

we didn't take very many pictures...and i seriously looked like POOP in all of them because the day we got the camera out, i didn't do my hair or make-up cause we were supposed to go golf and it was hot....and my face loves the humidity soooo much, it's like a pizza.

Allie said...

Hey! Glad you guys had a fun 4th of July. And I'm so happy you and Alyssa could reunite! ha. By the way, your blog is looking SO cute! Keep posting.. and I'll keep reading!

Teri said...

I tagged you, see my blog, it's a fun one.

Teri said...

K, but I haven't seen you in so long, I'm forgetting what you look like... hullo! MUAH! That's a cute picture of Alissa though.

Teri said...

22 days until Breaking Dawn. Are you going to be here? You keep telling me when you are coming back, but it won't stick in this crazy head of mine.

Mads said...

we fly in on aug 1 and then leave again aug 3. i haven't pre-reserved a copy of the book, so i'm hoping costco gets a butt load like when eclipse came out....