Tuesday, June 24, 2008

belly dancer

so far it hasn't been a horrible pregnancy...not the best time of my life, but i'm still alive. i am 11 weeks today and i've only thrown up a total of three times, all within a three minute period a couple of weeks ago. other than that the worst thing has been the horrendous heartburn. i'm suprised that i actually have an esophagus left...sometimes i wish i didn't. mylanta has been fabulous and i drink it straight from the bottle. i call it my chalk cocktail. the only other thing is that i'm starving like every 2 hours but nothing ever sounds good....except ice cream, which always sounds good. i had that for lunch the other day.
i had my first OB appointment on june 16. i was 10 days off of what they thought i'd be "date-wise". my due date is jan 13. i knew ahead of time that i was going to be having a sonogra
m so i made mike play hookie for most of the day so he could come with me. the sonogram was awesome. we could easily tell where the head, arms and body were. mike says we're having a boy because it's head was so big...haha...it was really cute. the baby did some dancing for us. first we'd see the little head move and then the arms would wave around. it was awesome. of course i cried, i don't think mike or the doctor saw though. here's the first picture of our little baby...

3 comments:

Allie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! So exciting! I still can't believe that you guys are going to have a BABY! I'm so glad you are doing well, though. I love the picture. It's pretty crazy that you can see the little one so well. I can't wait for the updates. Love you guys.

Teri said...

NO WAY! There really is a baby in there. Isn't that so cool when you can see a reason for your feeling like you do? I love it. Thanks for putting the picture on here. Love ya

Teri said...

I'm loving the new background! It's so cute, thanks for sharing. Love ya. Hope you have fun at Alysa's.