Saturday, May 17, 2008

My eggo is preggo!!!

Holy cow! What can I say!? We're super excited right now. We're both really looking forward to expanding our family and being parents. We found out Sat, May 10. I actually took a test while Mike was out working. My friend and I went and bought a box of 5 pregnancy tests for me to have for then and future use. When we got home I needed to pee...so I took a test with me, thinking it would be negative for sure....before the toilet was finished flushing I was walking to the living room, test in hand, huge eyes, mouth wide open. After some very excited jumping and screaming, we headed back to Wally-World to buy some onesies and binkies to decorate the bedroom with.

Unfortunately, Mike was late getting home and I was very anxious. He actually called me from another apartment in our complex and I was ready to wring his neck cause I just wanted him to get home!...so his manager helped by going and getting him for me. Funnily enough, after he was home, we could not get Mike to go into the bedroom where everything was set up for him....after everything we could think of, he finally went back and just stopped dead in his tracks...stunned. It was pretty awesome. I had to really hold it in to not cry, but I did good. We're looking forward to being mommy and daddy and all that comes with it.

2 comments:

Teri said...

That is too cute! I'm loving it. You will be such a great mom and Mikey will be a great daddy-o. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. I love how you were able to surprise Mike like that. I can't wait 'til I get to do that... or to just find out myself! haha.